INFORMATION I COLLECT:
To fulfil your order it is necessary for you to provide me with certain information (which you have authorised the website to provide to me). This information includes your name, postal address, email address, payment information, and details of the product(s) you are ordering. You may also decide to provide me with additional personal information (for example, the details needed to complete a custom order), if you contact me directly.
WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION, AND HOW I USE IT:
I rely on certain legal bases to collect, use and share your information. These include:
- As needed to provide my services. For example, when I use your information to complete your order, provide customer support or settle disputes.
- When you have given your affirmative consent, such as my mailing list. You may revoke this at any time.
- To comply with any legal obligation, court order, or in connection with a legal claim (such as retaining information about your order(s) if required by tax law.
- If necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those interests are not overridden by your interests or rights. For example, (i) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested, and also in my legitimate interests to improve these services. Also, (ii) compliance with Shopify’s Terms of Service. I use your information as necessary to comply with my obligations under Shopify’s Terms of Service.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE:
I will only share your information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances:
- Shopify: I share information as necessary to provide you with my services, and to comply with my obligations under Shopify’s Terms of Service.
- Service Providers: I engage some trusted third parties to provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these companies only when it is necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers: If I merge or sell my business I may disclose your information as part of the transaction, but only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with Laws: I may collect, retain, use and share your information if I feel it is reasonably necessary to (i) respond to legal processes and/or government requests; (ii) enforce my terms, agreements and/or policies; (iii) investigate, address and prevent fraud and/or other illegal activity, technical issues or security; (iv) protect the rights, safety and property of my customers and/or others.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EU:
I may store and process your data through third party hosting services in the United States and other jurisdictions. As a result of this, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If it is necessary to transfer information about you outside the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer.
If you reside in certain territories - including the EU - you have certain rights with regards to your personal information. Certain rights will apply generally, but some rights only apply in certain circumstances. These rights are outlined below.
- Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict and delete: You may also have the right to change, restrict my use of, and delete the personal information I hold about you. Apart from certain circumstances, for example where I am required to hold your personal information for legal reasons, I will generally delete your personal information when you request it.
- Object: You can object to (i) my processing some of your personal information based on my legitimate interests, and (ii) receiving marketing content from me after providing your express consent to receive this. In this case I will delete your personal information unless I have legitimate grounds to continue using this information, or if it is required for legal reasons.
- Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern regarding my use of your personal information (and without prejudice to any rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT ME:
For the purpose of EU protection law, I, Victoria Craven, am the data controller of your personal data. If you have any questions you can contact me via email@example.com